How To Boost Your Work-Motivation After The Holidays
Easter brought upon us a long weekend holiday and as much as that break was very much needed, many will tend to get too relaxed.
With work resuming immediately after the break, here 10 great tips to help get your mojo back:
- Have a good breakfast; this is the most important meal of the day and shouldn’t be skipped.
- If you work from home, build in a daily ‘commute’. Maybe walking to a coffee shop or supermarket or out to grab a paper. It will make a clear division between your home and your workday.
- Manage distractions. Mute your phone, turn off email so you can concentrate fully on the task at hand.
- Turn off all distractions to avoid any form of distractions, either by muting your phones or turning off your TV etc.
- Take breaks intermittently, to avoid a brain-drain. A few minutes to have a meal, or a drink won’t hurt your day’s task.
- Be realistic. If you’ve got 20 items or more on your task list and expect to get them done in a day you are probably going to be disappointed. Divide your tasks into priority order and aim for 3 – 4 chunky tasks. You’ll feel great once they’re done and you’re moving on to the 5th.
- Big projects can cause a strain on your task list. Break these tasks down into smaller, more manageable pieces, so that it will be a lot easier to handle. Also, you get the opportunity of handling them one at a time, as against doing it all at once.
Don’t forget, it is okay to outsource or ask your colleagues for assistance should you find difficulties; two heads are better than one.