How To Choose The Right Eyeshadow Palette
When it comes to buying an eyeshadow palette, there are several options.
Many of these palettes come in several shades, giving you more options to choose from.
So before buying your next eyeshadow palette, here are some very helpful tips to help you choose the right one.
Knowing Your Skin Undertone
The undertone of your skin complexion determines the palette you should choose. These undertone hues can be yellow, ashen or have a pink tinge.
You have a COOL undertone if your skin has a blue or pink hue, while yellow, peach or golden hues equals WARM undertones.
If your skin tone doesn’t fit within either cool or warm, you have neutral undertones.
So, when choosing an eyeshadow palette, choose one with colours that emphasise your undertone. So, for warm undertones, choose warm golds, oranges and reds to accentuate your skin’s warmth. While blues, greens, and purples match cool undertones, neutrals can experiment with warm or cool shades.
Choosing the Right Shade
- Choose A Palette With Range
The more colour and textures options on a palette, the better. Rather than buying one palette with one perfect shade, make sure to find a good mix, so choose a light and dark shade or a neutral palette that includes shimmers.
When looking at eyeshadow ranges, be sure also to consider their quality. A palette with fewer shades and great pigmentation is much better than one with numerous colours and no quality. So, colour combinations and quality are very important in choosing eyeshadow ranges.
- Remember The Basics
Nude and smoky eyeshadow palettes are very useful. Nude palettes should include a range of brown, taupe, beige and champagne colours, while the smoky palettes should definitely include black, grey and shimmery shades.
For beginners, consider using charts and guides to help you make your decision.
- Know The Types Of Eyeshadows
There are very different types of eyeshadows, and here are four of the most popular kinds.
- Pressed powder shadow – These are a very popular kind of eyeshadows and can be found in complementary shades.
- Liquid Eyeshadow – Highly pigmented, these eyeshadows come in tubes and are glossy, allowing them to stay on the eyelids more quickly and smoothly. They can also be blended using fingertips, and their high pigmentation allows for a long-lasting effect.
- Stick Eyeshadow – Packed in easy-to-carry sleek sticks, these eyeshadows come with pencil-like ends that allow them to smudge easily on the eyelid.
- Cream Eyeshadow – Soft and natural-looking eyeshadows, this type of eyeshadow leaves an intense colour and a flawless finished look.
- Pigmented Eyeshadow – Highly pigmented with vibrant colours, these eyeshadows come in vibrant colours. They can easily be blended and allows them to stay on for long.
When next you go shopping for eyeshadow, make sure to follow this guide to make sure you choose the best palette to match your skin undertone.