How To Make A Delicious Watermelon Lemonade
Light and refreshing, this drink is a perfect way to enjoy the delicious watermelons in season. The watermelon flavour blends perfectly with the lemons, switching up the traditional lemonade into something mindblowing. You can turn this into a cocktail by adding a little vodka to it.
- 4 cups cubed watermelon
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups cold water
- Ice cubes
- Put the watermelon into a blender. Cover, and puree until smooth. Then strain through a fine-mesh sieve and discard the pulp.
- To make simple syrup, in a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the sugar and 1/2 cup of water and bring to a boil until sugar dissolves.
- Remove syrup from heat and cool completely.
- Put ice cubes in a pitcher.
- Add the syrup and watermelon juice, then stir in the lemon juice.
- Top up with cold water, stir gently and serve immediately.