How To Make A Super Breakfast Smoothie
What better way to start your day than with a meal that’s well balanced and packed with nutrients? This recipe is fabulous for soothing inflammatory conditions. In the spirit of the Endometriosis awareness month, we recognise that food is one way to fight the painful condition and its symptoms.
Pineapple and pawpaw contain anti-inflammatory enzymes and vitamin C. Chia seeds are an excellent source of Omega 3 Fatty acids and soluble fibre. Ginger contains a potent anti-inflammatory compound and soothes digestive issues.
**Recipe makes two snack-sized smoothies.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pineapple
- 1 cup fresh papaya
- 1 tsp raw chia seeds
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla bean powder
- 1 cup filtered water or coconut milk
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves (optional)
- Pineapple wedge, to garnish (optional)
- Put all the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a tall glass.
- Garnish with pineapple wedge.
- Serve immediately.
- Any leafy green can substitute for the baby spinach leaves.