How To make African Sunset Cakes
The best thing about these cakes is that they can also be made into half cakes.
● Favorite cake recipe or mix
● Lemon Yellow Icing Colour, 1oz
● Creamy White Decorator Icing, 4 Ib Tb
● Black Icing Colour, 1oz
● Golden Yellow Icing Colour, 1oz
● Christmas Red Icing Colour, 1oz
● Red Icing Colour, 1oz
● Cake Icing Smoother 1
● Cake Boards- 6-inch round
● Aluminium round cake pan 1
● Cake decorating Tip- Round 4
● Cake decorating turntable 1
● Non-stick cooling grid 14.5 x 20-inch cooling rack
● Decorator preferred 9-inch angled spatula
● Decorating bags 16-inch disposable piping bags 12 count
1. Prepare cake batter following recipe instructions, bake and cool the preferred layer of cake. Crumb coat cake using white icing.
2. Tint ⅓ cup icing each red-orange, orange-red and dark yellow using colour combinations below; combine red-red and orange icing colours to get red-orange colour, combine golden and lemon-yellow icing colours to get yellow colour, combine orange and Christmas red icing colour to get orange-red colour. Set the black icing colour for a later step.
3. Prepare five decorating bags separately with red-orange, orange-red, golden yellow, dark yellow and orange icing. Cut 1 hole in the tip of each bag. Starting with red- orange icing, pipe two even rows of icing around the bottom of the cake. Continue piping working towards the lightest shade. Ice the top of the cake with yellow icing.
Using icing smoother, smooth out the icing which will let the colours blend together. Prepare a decorating bag with tip 4 and is reserved for black icing. Pipe trees around the cake. If necessary, draw trees on your cake with a toothpick first before piping.