How To Make Mouth Watering Firewood Jollof Rice
The Nigeria and Ghana Jollof brawl is one thing, but the Nigerian firewood jollof rice is another, it is the days of party jollof rice, it is a walk down memory lane relished in every munch.
The craze over firewood jollof rice first lies in its reminiscing power and then in its tastefulness. Here is a simple recipe to make that firewood jollof rice of your dreams.
To cook jollof rice using firewood, you will need the following ingredients:
- Pepper (red, green, and scotch bonnet)
- Meat or protein of your choice (chicken, beef, fish, etc.)Water or stock
- Start by preparing the ingredients. Dice the tomatoes, onions, and peppers. Cut the meat or protein into small pieces.
- Heat a pot or a large saucepan over an open fire, and add oil to it.
- Add the diced onions and fry until they become translucent.
- Add the diced tomatoes and fry until the oil starts to separate.
- Add the diced peppers and fry for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add the meat or protein and fry until it is cooked through.
- Add water or stock to the pot and bring it to a boil.
- Add the rice and stir well to combine.
- Cover the pot and reduce the heat to low. Allow the rice to cook for about 20-25 minutes, or until the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Once the rice is cooked, stir and fluff it with a fork.
- Serve the jollof rice hot and enjoy your delicious meal.
You can adjust the number of tomatoes, onions and pepper to your taste, aslso depending on the number of people you are cooking for.
If you want to add more spices to the recipe you could try adding curry powder, thyme, bay leaves, etc.
The cooking time may vary depending on the firewood and pot you’re using, so you may need to adjust accordingly.