How To Make Nigerian Yam Pepper Soup
Yam pepper soup is a staple Nigerian dish often enjoyed at home and at parties.
In this recipe, we’ll walk you through how to prepare Nigerian yam pepper soup right in your kitchen.
- Assorted meat; beef, shaki, kidney, heart
- Yam (white puna yam)
- Ground ehu seeds
- Scent leaveS
- Habanero or Chilli Pepper
- Knorr cubes
- Start by peeling and cutting the yam into cubes, then rinse.
- Slice onions, scent leaves, pepper and cut the beef into small sizes.
- The first step is to cook the toughest meat, shaki (cow tripe), add some seasoning and onions and boil over medium heat.
- After about 30 minutes, add the rest of the beef and continue cooking.
- Now, add in the yam cubes, diced onions, salt and keep cooking, adding some water if need be.
- Add some sliced pepper and scent leaves once the porridge starts to form and the yam is soft (you can check by poking into a piece with a fork).
- Stir, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve while hot and enjoy with a cold refreshing drink.