How To Make Sumptuous Lemon Yoghurt Cake
This recipe is so yummy and easy to make, you can’t go wrong with this recipe. I mean, even if you add too much sugar to the mixture, the lemon will douse it.
It is also a very forgiving recipe because no matter how you measure your ingredients, it will always come out just right. It’s the perfect Christmas dessert recipe.
This recipe makes two lemon yoghurt cakes.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp of Vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup of Sugar
- 1 cup of Cooking Oil
- the Zest of 1 medium to large-sized Lemon
- 3 to 4 Eggs
- A Pinch of Salt
- A cup of unsweetened yoghurt
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- Spray your baking pans (I’m using two pans, size: 9 by 5’s) and set aside
- In a large bowl, scrape the lemon zest from the lemon and add the sugar. Then gently use your fingers to massage the zest with the Sugar.
- Add the Oil, yoghurt Egg, and Vanilla to the Sugar and Zest then mix till all ingredients are well combined.
- In a separate smaller bowl combine flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and pour the mixture into the prepared pans.
- Bake at 350F for about an hour
- After an hour, stick a skewer into the cake to make sure it is ready, then bring it out of the oven and let it sit on a rack to cool down for about 15 minutes.
- Slice and eat with either ice cream or alone if you like.
- It’s a perfect dessert for the holiday. Enjoy!