How To Make Sushi Rolls And Egg Fried Rice
25 December 2022 | 1:17 pm
Sushi Rolls Ingredients 2 cups short-grain sushi rice 2 tablespoons rice vinegar 1/4 cup sugar 1 teaspoon salt Nori (dried seaweed sheets) Fillings of your choice (e.g. cooked shrimp, cucumber, avocado, smoked salmon, crab) Method Cook the sushi rice according to the package instructions. In a small bowl, mix together the rice vinegar, sugar, and…
- 2 cups short-grain sushi rice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Nori (dried seaweed sheets)
- Fillings of your choice (e.g. cooked shrimp, cucumber, avocado, smoked salmon, crab)
- Cook the sushi rice according to the package instructions.
- In a small bowl, mix together the rice vinegar, sugar, and salt until dissolved.
- Once the rice is cooked, spread it out onto a large plate.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the rice and gently fold it in using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- Let the rice cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Place a sheet of nori on a bamboo rolling mat.
- Spread a thin layer of the sushi rice over the nori, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Place your desired fillings in a line across the middle of the rice.
- Begin rolling the sushi by lifting the edge of the bamboo mat closest to you and rolling it away from you until you reach the other side.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the sushi roll into six to eight pieces.
- Serve with soy sauce and wasabi, if desired.
Egg Fried Rice
- 2 cups cooked and cooled white rice
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the diced onion and cook until softened, about four minutes.
- Crack the eggs into the skillet and scramble until cooked through.
- Add the frozen peas and carrots and cook until heated through.
- Add the cooked white rice and soy sauce, stirring to combine.
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Continue to cook, stirring often, until the rice is heated through and beginning to brown.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!