How To Make Tasty Goat Curry Sauce
Many will think this is the same as goat meat pepper soup, but, no! This is totally different.
While we Nigerians make use of the typical Peppersoup ingredients, for curried goat sauce, you make use of mostly Indian ingredients. However, this is one meal you should prepare when you have plenty of time on your hands before your guests arrive because goat meat takes some time to soften while being cooked.
Therefore, the estimated time for this meal is 1 hour 35minutes.
3 pound(s) goat meat
2 tbsps White Vinegar
2 tbsps curry powder
1 medium onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp ginger, chopped
2 tbsp thyme, chopped
1/2 fresh pepper, chopped
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp salt
¼ cup(s) Vegetable Oil
4 cup(s) boiling water
1 large Irish potato, diced
1 medium carrot, sliced
2 tbsp, Nutmeg
- Trim meat, cut into tiny or moderate pieces (depending on how you like it) and wash in a mixture of water and vinegar.
- Add 1 tablespoon curry powder, chopped onion, garlic, ginger, thyme, scotch bonnet pepper, black pepper and salt.
- Rub the seasonings into the meat, cover and put to marinate (i.e to soak 1 ingredient in the other) for 2 hours.
- Heat vegetable oil in a heavy bottom skillet over medium heat and add the remaining *one tablespoon* curry powder.
- Add the marinated meat and allow to sear. Turn the meat and add 4 cups boiling water. Cover and allow to simmer for about 1 hour 20 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Add the diced potato and cook for 5 minutes. Add in the sliced carrot and nutmeg and cook for five minutes.
- Serve with Plain Rice, Vegetable Salad of Carribean rice.