How To Make Yamarita
This recipe is from Lagos Mum food blog.
- 2-3 Eggs
- Half cup of flour
- Dried pepper (optional)
- Seasoning cube
- Red bell pepper (Tatashe)
- Scotch Bonnet (Ata Rodo)
- Crayfish (optional)
- Cut the yam in rectangular shapes, wash and boil with salt and water. The water should not be too much so that the yam wouldn’t be too soft and break to pieces.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl, add salt and seasoning to your desired taste and set aside.
- Mix the flour with dried pepper and add some seasoning spices as well and set aside.
- Check your yam by putting your fork in the yam. If it goes through then it’s soft enough, remove from the fire, drain the water and keep.
- Heat up some oil in a frying pan (enough oil that can deep fry the yam), when the oil is hot, take the yam and soak it in the beaten eggs and make sure it soaks in. Once soaked remove from the egg and roll it in the flour and dried pepper mixture (making sure the flour covers all the sides of the yam) then put inside the hot oil.
- Do this same process to all the pieces of the yam and after frying, arrange them on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Your Yamarita is ready; you can make pepper sauce with it.
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421