Make Those Nails Pop!
The nails are the crown jewels of the hands and they deserve all the pampering they can get. Here are a few tips that can help with that.
- If you need your nail polish to last longer, use vinegar. Simply put vinegar on cotton balls and apply on your unpolished nails. After this, apply nail polish and you’re ready to go.
- Studies have shown that nails are 10 times more porous than the skin surface of the body and as such are more likely to experience breakage. It is advisable to always to use a hand cream on the nails to keep the nails hard and strong.
- Experiencing yellow nails? Treat with baking soda, lemon juice and olive oil. Mix the three items in moderate equal proportions until it forms a paste. Dip the hands in this paste for 5 minutes and moisturise the nails after. Repeat this process as often as you can.
- To guard against brittleness, give your nails a salt bath. Simply add four tablespoons of table salt to one litre of water and soak for about 15 minutes and dry after.
- For those experiencing difficulty in growing their nails, gelatine does a lot to boost nail growth. Simply look for a basecoat that gelatine as one of its main ingredients next time you’re shopping for manicure supplies. Apply the basecoat under the nail polish and watch the nails grow.
- Nail splitting can occur when there is a deficiency of calcium in the diet. The only way to solve this is to add calcium-rich foods—like milk and eggs—to your diet.
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421