Ofe Akparata (Mahogany Seed Soup) Recipe
Akparata powder (Mahogany seed) is a famous thickener used in traditional soups and is a favourite of Enugu indigenes, Eastern Nigeria. If you are looking to try a local recipe and want to whet your appetite, this is for you.
- Akparata powder (4 tbsp)
- Assorted beef
- Dry fish
- Crayfish (2 tbsp)
- Cameroun pepper
- Uziza vegetable
- Oha vegetable
- Ground okpeye
- Palm oil (1½ tbsp)
- Onions (chopped)
- Salt (to taste)
- Stock cubes
- Prepare your meat stock. In a pot on medium-high heat, add your washed meat, cubes, onions, cubes and water.
- In a bowl, put the Akparata powder, add palm oil and mix until there are no lumps in it.
- Add the stockfish. Cook until the aroma infiltrates the air.
- Add dry fish, pepper, and ground okpeye.
- Add the Akparata sauce and water to the pot to get consistency. Stir and cook for about 10 minutes.
- It is time to add the uziza and crayfish. Leave for 3 minutes. Add the oha, stir and bring down.
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421