Peanut Butter Brownie Baked Oatmeal
Peanut Butter Brownie Baked Oatmeal is a delicious and nutritious breakfast dish that combines the classic flavours of peanut butter and chocolate in a healthy baked oatmeal recipe.
The dish is made by combining rolled oats, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl, and then adding milk, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and eggs. The mixture is then poured into a greased baking dish and baked in the oven until set and golden brown. Once done, the oatmeal is topped with chopped peanuts and chocolate chips and served warm, either on its own or with a dollop of Greek yoghurt or whipped cream.
This breakfast recipe is easy to make, can be customized with different types of nut jars of butter or add-ins, and is perfect for busy mornings or meal prep.
•1.5 cups mashed ripe bananas
• 1 large egg
• 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
•1 teaspoon (tsp) vanilla extract
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 2 cups whole milk
• 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
• 2 Tbsp natural peanut butter (for topping)
• 1 Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
• 2 Mash the bananas well, then place them in a large mixing bowl along with the egg, peanut butter, brown sugar, vanilla, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and cocoa powder. Whisk until the mixture is mostly smooth (there may be small pieces of banana).
• 3 Add the milk to the chocolate banana mixture, and then whisk until smooth again. Add the dry rolled oats and then stir until combined.
• 4 Pour the oat mixture into a 2-3 quart casserole dish coated with non-stick spray. Drizzle the remaining 2 Tbsp peanut butter over the oats and drag a knife through to create swirls. If needed, warm the peanut butter slightly to make it runny enough to drizzle over the oats.
• 5 Bake the oats in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Serve warm, or refrigerate until ready to eat.