Peter Ayodele Fayose: The Ekiti Powerhouse
The former Ekiti state governor, Peter Ayodele Fayose, birthday is today. Ayo Fayose, as he his fondly called, came into the spotlight of politics during his tenure as a sitting governor of Ekiti and remains relevant in politics after being succeeded by Kayode Fayemi.
The politician has brought us to laughter with some of his antics and also challenged the status quo in Ekiti.
Below are notable events in the life of Ayo Fayose has he turns fifty-seven years today:
- He was born on the 15th of November, 1960 to Pastor Oluwafemi Oluwayose and Victoria Oluwayose.
- Ayo is a native of Ifelodun Local Government Area of Ekiti state.
- He attended Saint Leo’s Catholic primary school in 1966.
- Fayose attended Olivet Baptist High School, Oyo in 1973.
- Ayo Fayose got the West African School certificate in 1979.
- In 1985, Fayose was admitted for a Higher National Diploma programme in Biological Sciences by the Polytechnic at Ibadan and graduated in 1987.
- Fayose did his National Youth Service Corps program at Pepsi Nigeria Limited, Ibadan, where he was engaged in installation, maintenance and servicing of medical and laboratory equipment.
- Ayo Fayose became the second governor of Ekiti on the 29th Of May 2003, after defeating the incumbent Governor, Niyi Adebayo, in the gubernatorial elections of Ekiti state.
- Fayose did not complete his tenure because of an impeachment on the 16th Of October 2006.
- During the 2014 Governorship election in Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose was the PDP nominee. He won the election and was declared by the Independent National Electoral Commission as the new Governor of Ekiti; he was inaugurated on 16th Of October 2014.
- Fayose is now the only Nigerian to defeat an incumbent governor two times.
- Ayo Fayose got married to Feyisetan Fayose in 1988.