Pink Velvet (Strawberry) Brownies
Pink velvet (strawberry) brownies are a unique twist on the traditional chocolate brownie.
Instead of using cocoa powder or melted chocolate, these brownies are made with strawberry cake mix, resulting in a sweet, fruity flavour and a beautiful pink colour.
The texture is similar to that of a traditional brownie, chewy and dense, but with a slightly cake-like quality.
Pink velvet (strawberry) brownies can be customized with different toppings or mix-ins, such as white chocolate chips or sprinkles, to add extra flavour and colour. They are perfect for a spring or summer dessert, or for any occasion where a fun and colourful treat is desired.
• Duncan Hines strawberry or vanilla cake mix
• 2 large eggs
• 1/2 cup melted butter, salted
• 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
• A drop of pink food coloring
White Chocolate Ganache Topping (optional)
White chocolate ganache is a rich and creamy topping that can be used to decorate cakes, cupcakes, and other desserts. Here’s a simple recipe for making white chocolate ganache:
• 1 cup Ghirardelli white chocolate chips
• 1/3 cup heavy cream
• Pink food colouring
• Edible glitter and glittery sugar
• Place the cake mix, eggs, melted butter, chocolate chips, and food coloring into a mixing bowl. Stir until well combined.
• Transfer the batter to a greased baking pan and bake for 15-20 minutes at 350°F, or until done, and then allow to cool.
• To make the topping, combine the white chocolate chips and heavy cream in a bowl.
• Place in the microwave and heat for 30-second bursts until completely melted. After adding a few drops of pink food colouring, allow it to cool to room temperature.
• Pour the ganache over the brownies and add the glitter and glittery sugar, if using. Allow to completely cool before slicing.