If You Are A Catfish, You Need To Be In Soup
In the recent light of fake accounts, identity theft and impersonation which is known as catfishing; I’m doing a recipe on catfish Peppersoup to let every catfish out there know they would soon be in soup.
First thing you know about catfish other than that creepy fact that they are still somehow partially alive is they are very slimy.
I have various methods of ensuring zero slime on my catfish; from Hot water & Whisk, to lemon to alum; all I want is my catfish clean and steady on my Palm.
- 1 large catfish
- Handful Utazi (Chopped/blended dry and fine)
- 2 Handful Uziza (Chopped/blended dry and fine)
- 1/2-1 cup crayfish
- 1 medium onions
- 1 cooking spoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup yellow pepper (Atarodo/Scottish bonnet)
- 1/2 Tbsp Ogili
- 1-2 Tbsp Peppersoup spice
- 2 Tbsp Fish spice
- Seasoning cubes/Salt
I’m sure the ingredient list has you either scared, surprised or curious; but I have a method that hasn’t failed me
- Season washed fish with fish spice in a bowl and set aside
- In a blender or food processor pulse: pepper, onions and Crayfish with minimal water till it’s a rough blend
- In a large pot, pour in vegetable oil, blended pepper, utazi and uziza leaves and allow to shimmer till it has you coughing a bit (this brings out the flavour)
- Add 1 litre of water (for starters; equivalent 2 satchel water) into the pot and allow to come to a slow bubbling boil
- Add ogili on a cooking spoon and melt a bit with the hot stock. And pepper soup spice
- Taste and add seasoning cubes or salt bearing in mind to tone down spice due to spiced fish (so it sound be a notch or 2 less spicier than you desire)
- Add marinated fish into boiling stock (this avoid over stirring and scattering of fish) cover and allow to shimmer for 20-25minutes (pending when fish is well cooked)
- Add more water if needed, stir lightly, cover to shimmer and serve!
Remember, it is a very amazing meal but equally terrible persona to be online! Eat Catfish, don’t Catfish