Spaghetti Meatballs For The Whole Family
Today is a special day because it is regarded as Meatball Day in many parts of the world. To celebrate this, try your hands on this exquisite spaghetti meatball recipe.
- 1 pound spaghetti
- Salt, for pasta water
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, eyeball it
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, a couple of handfuls
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed or chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 (0.8 litre) can crushed tomatoes
- A handful chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 10 leaves fresh basil (efirin) leaves, torn or thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 218 degrees C.
- Place a large pot of water on to boil for spaghetti. When it boils, add salt and pasta and cook until its firm and slightly chewy.
- Mix beef and Worcestershire, egg, bread crumbs, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Roll beef into 1 1/2 inch medium-sized meatballs and place on nonstick cookie sheet or a cookie sheet greased with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Bake balls 10 to 12 minutes, until no longer pink.
- Heat a deep skillet or medium pot over moderate heat.
- Add oil, crushed pepper, garlic and finely chopped onion.
- Saute 5 to 7 minutes, until onion bits are soft.
- Add beef stock, crushed tomatoes, and herbs.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Toss hot, drained pasta with a few ladles of the sauce and grated cheese.
- Turn meatballs in remaining sauce.
- Place pasta on dinner plates and top with meatballs and sauce and extra grated cheese.
- Serve and enjoy