Spice Up Your Spaghetti The “Jollof” Way
Ever tried Jollof spaghetti before? It is almost the same process as making jollof rice, this process is just faster. It can be done under 20 minutes and it doesn’t require specific ingredients.
Use any ingredient you like from herbs to seasoning and even down to your choice of oil. You can decide to use vegetable oil/coconut oil/olive oil or even palm oil. This recipe is very flexible and soothing.
- 1 pack of spaghetti
- 5 ripe and fresh tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 fully diced onion
- 2 large diced garlic cloves
- 2 fresh pepper
- 2 small bay leaves
- 1tspn thyme
- 1tspn white pepper
- 1 large carrot (diced)
- Green pepper
- Green beans
- Sweet corn
- Olive oil
- 1 cup spaghetti water
- Seasoning cubes
- Crayfish (optional)
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot, boil some water. Once the water reaches boiling point, add one teaspoon of salt.
- Add the pasta and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes. Save one cup of the pasta water. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- In another pot/deep skillet, heat one tablespoon of olive oil, toss in garlic and onions, let fry for about two minutes.
- Toss in your diced or pureed fresh tomatoes, diced bell pepper, fresh pepper, thyme, white pepper and seasoning cubes, cover and let cook for about three minutes.
- Add the bay leaves, carrots, green pepper, green beans, sweet corn, crayfish and toss with the spaghetti and spaghetti water. Cover on low heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and serve as desired.