Close button
The Guardian
Email YouTube Facebook Instagram Twitter WhatsApp
Everything you need to live well

Tattoo Artist Specialises In ‘Secret Tattoos’ On The Roof Of The Mouth

Indy Voet

Indy Voet mouth tattoos | Indy Voet

Indy Voet, a Belgian tattoo is reputed for his work as an unconventional tattoo artist, his specialty is hand poking tattoos on the roof of people’s mouths.

It is gathered that he has been doing roof of the mouth tattoos for about five years and has since developed his own technique as well as a portfolio of tattoos that fit the unusual location.


He wasn’t always a roof of the mouth tattoo artists as he is a former body piercing artist with ten years of experience under his belt.

Talking about his switch, he said:

“I don’t really use anything other than a needle and some dexterity, combined with the trust of my client,” Indy Voet told Inked Mag, adding that using a tattoo machine would be too harsh on this sensitive location, plus there’s not a lot of space to maneuver.

Indy Voet

Indy Voet secret mouth tattoo

Voet also says that it is not as painful as it seems. He claims that 90 percent of people describe these tattoos as being almost painless or at least, very easy to handle,” while the other 10 percent complain mostly complain about jaw muscle ache, from keeping their mouth wide open for long periods of time.

As for the healing period after getting a tattoo on the roof of the mouth, the Belgian artist says that “healing is like any other mouth tattoo or piercing—don’t have anything too spicy, no strong liquor and be careful what you put in your mouth for a couple of days. Other than that, the natural resources of the mouth do the rest.”

While having a secret mouth tattoo means that it can’t be admired by many, you can at least be rest assured your dentist will have something to talk about on your next visit.

Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421