The ‘Simplest’ Way To Prepare Shredded Chicken And Shrimp Rice
One dish that never seems to get old is rice, especially in this part of the world, where events or family gatherings are incomplete without rice. This can be seen in the different forms it takes to the side dishes compatible with it.
We are constantly looking up ways to accommodate it into our eating schedule without it looking to be the same dish every time. So as the year begins, spice up your rice recipe.
- 2 cups of rice
- Chicken breast
- 1 cup of shrimp
- 1 piece of green pepper
- 2 tspn of black pepper
- Sweet corn
- Green peas
- Green beans
- 2 tspn of soy sauce
- Groundnut oil
- 2 cubes of seasoning
- ½ tspn of curry
- ½ tspn of garlic
- Salt to taste
NB: Remember to wash all that needs to be washed thoroughly. Also, be careful with the soy sauce as it is a bit salty, so you put that in mind when adding your seasoning.
- Slice chicken into sizeable portions, together with the shrimp, spice up salt, a cube of seasoning, curry and garlic. Allow to marinate for a while and heat up for a few minutes.
- Cut vegetables, asides the sweet corn of course and set aside. While doing that, parboil rice chicken stock.
- In a fry pan, fry chicken for 2 minutes, 1 minute for each sides.
- Add the onions into the fry pan and leave to brown.
- In bits, add rice, soy sauce, black pepper, salt and stir.
- Add other vegetables, the shrimp, a cube of seasoning and continue stirring until the mixture comes together.
Be sure to taste to make sure everything is in order and your food is ready.