Transform Your White Agidi Into Jollof
Agidi Jollof is a delicious Nigerian recipe that has a distinct taste. It is like Moi-Moi but with this meal, corn flour is used. It takes patience to prepare to get the right blend and taste. To make the perfect Agidi Jollof, here are the steps to take.
- 300g brisket bones
- 200g corn flour
- 5 tbsp, fresh tomato paste
- 1 tbsp tin tomato paste
- Vegetable oil
- 2 cubes seasoning
- 1 onion
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- Salt to taste
- 200ml cold water
- Hot water
- Uma leaves
To prepare tomato sauce,
- Heat oil, add onions and fry for 30 seconds, add tomato paste and pepper. Stir occasionally to prevent from burning.
- Steam the brisket bones adding onions, salt and seasoning to taste
- When the brisket is ready, add the tomato sauce and curry and let it simmer for some minutes and then set aside.
- In a pot, mix the cornflour with water until it forms a smooth paste. Boil some water and add to the paste till it thickens.
- Heat the mixture on a low heat stove till its solid.
- Add the tomato paste/stew leaving out the brisket bones and stir till it has a rich reddish colour.
- Add little water and let it simmer then add the bones.
- Dish the mixture into the Uma leaves and wrap in a triangular shape.
- Leave it to set and cool.
- Serve while warm.