Death toll in Kaduna attack rises to seven
• Fleeing Residents Say They Won’t Return
• We’ve Been Trailing Perpetrators To Plateau State —Police
Death toll in the attack on Zangan Village in Attakar Chiefdom, Kaura Local Council of Kaduna by unknown gunmen, has risen to seven, as the two persons declared missing during incident have been reported killed.
The attackers, on Thursday, left five persons dead while several houses bordering Ryom Local Council of Plateau State, were razed. When contacted to confirm the development, the PPRO of Kaduna State Police Command, ASP Yakubu Sabo, said he would get back once he verified from the Police Unit in the area.
Ward Counselor of the area, Mr. Godwin Cletus, said after a relentless search for the two persons declared missing during the attack, their bodies were “found between Zangan andRyom this morning (yesterday) and they had been buried.”He, however, said despite the heavy security presence in the village and it surroundings, residents of the village had continued to flee for safety, as they were seen packing their belongings and leaving the village for fear of unknown.
Cletus said before the incident, villagers noticed suspicious movements of suspected Fulani herdsmen relocating with their cattle and wives from the village, but they assumed there was no cause for alarm.
Meanwhile, speaking earlier, the Kaduna Command Police PRO, ASP Yakubu said the force was on the trail of perpetrators of the dastardly act to Ryom in Plateau State. He said: “ Since the incident happened, the command dispatched some policemen to be led by the area command of Kafanchan on indept operation to fish out the perpetrators of the dastardly act. There are collaborative efforts to see that the criminals are apprehended.”
No comments yet