DHQ parades suspected Alex Badeh’s killers
The Joint Investigative Panel set up by Defence Headquarters (DHQ) Wednesday paraded 15 suspected killers of former Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshal Alex Badeh (rtd).
Badeh was murdered in his car on Tuesday, December 18 while returning from his farm.
“It is with a heavy heart that I regretfully announce the unfortunate demise of former Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshal Alex Sabundu Badeh”, air force spokesman Ibikunle Daramola said in a statement in December.
There were speculations that Badeh was assassinated because he was the only one killed during the attack.
Badeh’s friend, who was in the vehicle with him was abducted by the hoodlums but released after his family paid a ransom reportedly running into millions of naira.
The former CDS’ four military guards, who provided security, were said to have been a few kilometres away when the attack took place.
They were subsequently detained and questioned by investigators.
61 years old Badeh who served as Nigeria’s defence chief under former president Goodluck Jonathan, retired in 2015. He has been on trial since his retirement over allegations of corruption while in office.
At the time of his death, Badeh was being prosecuted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission for allegedly diverting N3bn from the accounts of the air force.
Badeh’s widow, Mary Iya Badeh, and his two sons, Alex (jnr) and Kam, all on EFCC watch list, had been in the United States since 2016.
The former CDS had forfeited money and choice properties to the Federal Government before his death.
No comments yet