Fresh attack claims three persons in Kaduna
Mr Peter Averik, Chairman of the Local Government, who confirmed the development to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Monday, said the attack took place around 7:30 p.m when unidentified gun men opened fire on innocent persons who were walking along the Asso and Tanda bridge.
“I was told the gun men, who seemed to be advancing, opened fire on the pedestrians over fear that they may be exposed.
“One person died on the spot while two others who sustained injury were rushed to Fadan Kagoma Hospital where one of them died this morning following the magnitude of injury sustained,” he said.
Averik further confirmed that the third victim’s corpse was found earlier on Monday in a bush path at Wazo village before Aso.
He said arrangement had been concluded to convey the injured persons to Barau Diko Specialist Hospital in Kaduna, following referral from Sir Patrick Memorial Hospital, Kafanchan.
The chairman said security personnel had since been drafted to the affected community adding that the government would continue to ensure safety of lives and property.
NAN recalls that 15 persons were recently killed while 17 others were injured when unidentified gun men opened fire on innocent persons at Ungwan Pa’ah Gwandara village in Godogodo Chiefdom of Jema’a Local Government Area.
No comments yet