Osun probes mysterious death of family of seven
Osun State Government has ordered investigations into the circumstances that led to the death of seven family members on Tuesday, in Apomu community, Isokan Local Government Area of the state.
While sympathising with the community on the incident, the state said it had ordered that an autopsy be carried out on the corpses of the deceased, who were reportedly found dead in their house.
In a statement yesterday by the Commissioner for Health, Rafiu Isamotu, the state reiterated its commitment to security and welfare of its citizens, stressing that it would go the whole hog to unravel the circumstances that led to the mysterious death.
Recall that members of Oke Suna community in Apomu, had on Tuesday morning, found the deceased in their house and reported the incident to the police, before the corpses were taken to the morgue.
It was gathered that a private hospital in the community, Oluyoro Hospital, was said to have rejected the corpses when sympathisers brought them to be embalmed at the morgue.
But the Public Relations Officer for the Osun State Police Command, SP Yemisi Opalola , confirmed that a 14-year-old member of the family survived and was rushed to the hospital in the community.
She said the teenager was responding to treatment.
Opalola said: “The cause of the strange death could not yet be ascertained but it was speculated that the family might have died as a result of carbon monoxide from a generator that was found in their apartment.
“One person among the family of eight was rescued and still responding to treatment.
“Their corpses were rejected at Oluyoro Hospital and were referred to Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital, Osogbo for autopsy.”
No comments yet