Private guard electrocuted during downpour
A private guard was electrocuted yesterday at River Valley estate, in Ojodu Berger area of Lagos.
The deceased with an undisclosed identity was said to be manning the gate of the estate, when the wire snapped and he stepped on it. The incident occurred around 6:30a.m. during the downpour that lasted many hours.
Eyewitnesses said he mistakenly stepped on the naked wire. It was gathered that no one attempted to rescue him when it happened to avoid being electrocuted.
A resident, Mrs. Majekodunmi said: “He would not have died had help come on time. No one could go close to him. Besides, it was raining. A man suggested that a dried stick be brought to hit him but the one that was brought was wet.
“Other guards in the estate came around but none dared to go near him. Sadly, nobody knows his name because he was only employed yesterday (Monday),” she said.
No comments yet