Close button
The Guardian
Email YouTube Facebook Instagram Twitter WhatsApp
x

Suspected herdsmen kill seven, burn 20 houses in Zango Kataf

Related

Despite the 24-hour curfew imposed by Kaduna State Government in Zango Kataf Local Council, suspected armed herdsmen raided Chibwon Village, killing seven persons and set 20 houses ablaze.

The government had earlier sent military reinforcement and extended the curfew a fortnight ago, after the crisis that erupted in the area. However, a statement by the Secretary General of Atyap Community Development Association (ACDA), Tinat Bodam, at the weekend, said: “The attack of Chibwob village of Zangon Kataf Local Council in Atyap chiefdom, which occurred in the early hours of Friday, July 10, 2020, by militias, where seven people have been confirmed murdered, with many people seriously injured, and over 20 houses burnt along with many motorcycles and one car, has devastated the community.

“This attack is coming exactly one month after the killing of Yusuf Musa Magaji and in the midst of the 24-hour curfew.”Bodam recalled the threat earlier issued by Malam Ibrahim Bayero Zango, Director Media and Publicity, MACBAN Kaduna State branch, and the Bandiraku Fulbe Youths Association, under the leadership of Abbas J. Julde and Haruna Bello Laduga, warning that the federal, state and local council should take note of this for fear of what might happen next,” pointing out that the threats have begun to materialise…”

x

“His Highness, the Agwatyap accommodated and fed over 100 Fulani women and children on June 11 and 12, 2020 in his palace, and directed all district and village heads to go and broker peace with the Fulani in their domains.

“ It is in this light, that the leaders of Atyap have been making concerted efforts to ensure that normalcy returns to the land, through village meetings…”

Bodam said: “In spite of these efforts, instead of Miyeti Allah and other Fulbe groups to team up with the Atyap and Government through the security agents, they have continued to make inflammatory statements and inciting their members through devious propaganda with fake figures of 99 people killed and over 2000 cattle rustled.

“We want Miyeti Allah to show us mass graves, where these bodies were buried and how over 2000 cattle were moved without notice during a 24-hour curfew. We condemn this heinous act …”

Meanwhile, all attempts for the Police to respond to the latest attack in Zango Kataf was abortive, as the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), ASP Muhammad Jalige did not reply to telephone messages. 

x

Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421

No comments yet