The Guardian
Email YouTube Facebook Instagram Twitter WhatsApp

UNIBEN SUG Battles Terry G Over Breach Of Contract


THIS is certainly not the best of times for renowned music producer and singer, Gabriel Oche Amanyi, popularly called Terry G. Apart from rumours making the rounds that he was involved in an auto crash a few days after DaGrin passed on, it was also speculated that he was arrested, beaten up and detained by the police. Checks by Weekend Beats revealed that the rave singer-producer was actually arrested and detained, after failing to honour a performance engagement at the University of Benin on January, 29, this year.

After receiving an initial payment of N500, 000, Terry G and his crew reportedly failed to show up in Benin. After unsuccessful efforts to get a refund from the singer’s management (including N68, 000 being cost of air tickets already purchased), Emike Cyril, the SUG Welfare Director, said they were left with no choice but to call in the police.

Terry G was reportedly arrested and detained at the Oduduwa Police Division in GRA, Ikeja, Lagos on Tuesday. April 13. Sources say he was made to sign an undertaking promising to pay up the balance (including the full cost of the said show, totaling N1, 174, 000) by April 20.

Police PRO Frank Mba confirmed to Weekend Beats that the police were called in to resolve the matter between Terry G and the UNIBEN SUG. “Since the gentleman was man enough to accept his fault and agree to be responsible for the damages, we decided to let him go without locking him in a cell, after signing the undertaking,” Mba said.

On his part, Emiko said: “He told us to get a bottle of Hennessey into every room booked for him and his four crew members and lied to us that he was on his way to the airport at 12:30pm and that he missed his flight. When we re-booked another flight with Arik, he still didn’t show up. We made several calls to his cell phone number to confirm his status at 4:30pm, but he wasn’t picking until the NANS President, Comrade Jude Imagwe called him with his phone and gave him an ultimatum to pay up for all the expenses in 48hours”.

However, efforts to reach Terry G for his own side of the story proved abortive after several calls to his cell phone and repeated visits to his studio. But his Personal Assistant, one Uche, claimed that “the matter has been resolved”.

Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421

No comments yet