Create a perfect dining space for Christmas
Getting your home ready for the yuletide season simply means thorough cleaning, rearranging, and makeover of every nook and cranny of your home.
However, the question is, where do you start? The dining space and table make the first on the list of home sections for a makeover this yuletide season. Why? Because the dining table is a place where the best of celebrations happens – be it the celebration of important milestones, thanksgiving, festivities, others.
All over the world, irrespective of where we come from, the dining table is a point of reference in our lives. It is where life in its realness happens, as the fondest memories are made when gathered around the dining table, which symbolises togetherness. It is the section of a home where family, friends, colleagues, visitors, etc. gather with a grateful heart.
As far as the yuletide season is concerned, the dining table is where all the celebration and thanksgiving to God happens; one, for the birth of Jesus Christ the Messiah of mankind, two for successful achievements in the year, and three, for the gift of life and survival of another long year.
Significance of the dining table at Christmas
Traditionally, aside from gifting during the yuletide season, believers in the essence of the celebration of Christ’s birth prioritise gathering at the dining table to feast together with family, friends, and loved ones. For believers, the best part of the actual Christmas Day (December 25) and the entire yuletide season is basically dining the best of meals with loved ones.
How to get your dining space and table ready for Yuletide
* Because it’s going to be a long festive season of dining and wining in your home, you may want to ensure that every nook and cranny of your dining space is clean and thoroughly de-cluttered.
* Create enough sitting space, as you may be having August visitors, and as such, would not be able to put the exact number of guests into accurate count, so be prepared.
* Mindfully set the table – The table is at its best when each person is directly seated facing another for easy interaction.
Decorating your dining space
Because of the magnitude of guests that would show up to dine at the table, which implies having plenty of plates that would take space, you may not necessarily need excess décor items or accessories on the table. The following will do just fine:
* Tablecloth or ornamental covering to protect the table from scratches and stains
* A glass vase of flowers – Ever heard the saying “I’d rather have flowers on my table than diamonds on my neck?” Whether fresh cuts or artificial, a vase of flowers in all its indoor species, rose, hibiscus, lily, etc. would not only beautify your table but uplift your mood with a bon appetite.
* Install comfortable lightings – For your dining space, you do not necessarily need to use an extremely bright light, but rather balance the amount of light in the area with surfaces and colors that avoid glare and eye strain.
A chandelier light positioned at the rooftop, facing the centre of your table would do.
No comments yet