Rid humidity with dehumidifier
Those concentrations of moist air in your atmosphere, water vapour around your walls, ceilings, furniture etc, can cause damages to your personal effects and interiors if you do not get rid of them with immediate effect, especially during this raining season.
It is called humidity, the dampness, moist air, stuffy atmosphere, and concentrated water vapour that turns into a mold in your interiors, furniture, and personal effects such as clothes, handbags, shoes, leather belt etc.
How do you get rid of humidity?
Of course, there is a natural way to rid humidity, which is keeping your windows and doors open at all times for fresh air and ray of sunlight to penetrate into your space. But the question is, do you have the luxury of time to stay home all day just so you can keep the windows and doors opened for fresh air or rays of sunlight? If your answer is ‘no’, then your best bet is a dehumidifier.
A dehumidifier is an electrical appliance that reduces and maintains the level of humidity in the air, whilst eliminating musty odour and preventing the growth of mildew by extracting water from the air.
Benefits of Dehumidifier
Dehumidifiers are effective units that come with many benefits for your space, and most importantly, your health and comfort. They eliminate potentially dangerous variables that could lead to a variety of health issues, which may affect your home and family over time.
• Dehumidifiers help maintain preferred, and healthy humidity levels within your space by cleansing the air of excess moisture whilst preventing mold, bacteria and other particulates from growing.
• Reduces humidity levels, making your home free of dust mites, mold, and mildew.
• Prevents mold – Mold is a fungal species that causes natural materials to break down through a process known as biodegradation. Mold can become dangerous in large quantities, putting your household and health at risk. Symptoms of mold allergies can include: eye and throat irritation, skin rashes, sneezing, itchy throat or coughing, not to mention help contribute to asthma attacks.
• Helps you feel comfortable – When moisture is present in your space, temperatures may feel warmer than they actually are. By removing moisture from the air, you will feel more comfortable without having to crank up your air conditioner.
• Can be used in any room
• It is available in different sizes and capacities.
• Portable and convenient -Purchasing a dehumidifier with mobile capabilities makes it easier for you to move from one area of your home to another. With this, you can buy one unit and use it strategically in your home, instead of buying multiple units designated for multiple areas in your home.
Tips to choosing a Dehumidifier
You may want to do a thorough research before purchasing a dehumidifier in order to find one that fixes your humidity issues perfectly. So before you put your money on a dehumidifier, check for the following:
•Condensate pumps – Dehumidifiers with this feature are great for locations with diverse elevation and work to pump the liquid vertically and horizontally to the nearest drain.
• Energy star rating – When a unit has an energy star rating, the dehumidifier is able to operate in an energy-conscious manner to help you save energy and cut down on your utility costs.
• Automatic Shut-off – dehumidifiers with an automatic shut-off feature use intelligent software to actively monitor your space’s climate, and will shut down once the desired humidity level has been reached. It will also shut down once the internal reservoir is full.
• Auto defrost -Automatic defrost feature is perfect for colder climates. Auto defrost allows you to operate your unit without having to worry about frost damage. While most dehumidifiers can function in low temperature spaces, appliances designed for the cold can operate without the danger of the units’ coils icing over.
• Automatic restart – In case of power outage, this feature ensures that your dehumidifier will continue to operate at its previously configured settings as soon as the power has been restored, especially for people who are always away from home.
When do you need a Dehumidifier?
• When you notice moist or wet stains on walls, ceiling and personal effects.
• When your room feels unpleasantly stuffy.
• When your windows are covered with condensation.
• When you perceive musty odours.
• When there is excess moisture with visible mold on your furniture and personal effects.
No comments yet