Saturday, 29th January 2022
<To guardian.ng
Search
Breaking News:

Bad Boy Timz returns with new “Move”

By Chinonso Ihekire
30 October 2021   |   2:12 am
Last year, many were dancing to the energetic tunes of the Headies Award’s Rookie of the Year, Olorunyomi Oloruntimilehin, better known as Bad Boy Timz.

Bad Boy Timz

Last year, many were dancing to the energetic tunes of the Headies Award’s Rookie of the Year, Olorunyomi Oloruntimilehin, better known as Bad Boy Timz. After an unforeseen crisis with his erstwhile label, Anonymous Music, the singer left the spotlight into a forced musical sabbatical for over 11 months.

Now, the singer returns with his record label, Shock Absorbers Music, as well as an upbeat statement-groove dubbed, “Move”.

“If someone told me that I would have had to take an 11 month break from music, I would have smacked the person,” he laughs, adding, “However, it had to happen. It is not like the issues are completely gone, but we are close to resolving it. At the end of the day, people care more about the music,” he tells Weekend Beats.

Recall that, last year, his former label had him arrested for an alleged breach of contract. After the singer was released from detention, media reports circulated that both parties were in a heated legal tussle on settlements surrounding Bad Boy Timz’ exit protocols.

“My growth when I am alone is different from when I was in my former label. The matter is still being resolved, so I don’t want to say much about it. I wasn’t getting their commitment, despite having an agreement with them. That was why I wanted to leave. I feel like it a norm in the Nigerian music industry, and it is just all shades of wrong,” he said.

The singer, who is popular for his hits such as MJ, Loading (featured by Olamide), Have Fun, among others, is now in partnership with top independent label EMPIRE headquartered in San Francisco”

“A lot of people believed in the music. On my own now, the planning is much better. I have a lot of people interested in even investing in me. My deal with EMPIRE is amazing. They reached out to me at the midst of the crisis. They believed in my talent and they plan properly.”

He also announced a forthcoming Extended Playlist (EP) dubbed, “No Bad Boy, No Party”, which is expected to drop around December. While the video shoot for Move is expected to hit the screens anytime from now, the song is already garnering a significant traction across all digital streaming platforms.

Stream “Move” below:

“Move” music video is set to drop on Friday.