Dazzle in multi-coloured outfits
Ladies love to dress beautifully and look good effortlessly. This year, we have seen them rock bold colours. Nigerian ladies never disappoint when they step out, and this they demonstrate by injecting some bright colours into their wardrobes.
Fashionistas who are not afraid to mix and match colours and want to be bold, just opt for the multi-colour trend. The beautiful thing about multi-colours is that you can never go wrong if you wear it with the right accessories.
According to the Founder/Creative Lead at My Beautiful Africa, Clara Okoro, multi-coloured outfits are majorly not very cut out for the corporate environment.
“They are more often than not for parties and other such social engagements,” she explained. “This is because it can be quite distracting in a subdued work environment. But there are ways one can creatively mix strong colours and other more subdued colours to make a lovely outfit for the office.
“The personality also plays a part in the colours individuals wear, as some people only feel confident, when they feel the colours they are wearing will draw attention to them. Playing with colours affects us psychologically, as some colours can boost your mood and confidence, while some others can make you feel more subdued without you even noticing.”
Tips to rock multi-coloured outfits
• It is always a good idea to mix a strong colour with a toned-down colour, so it can dilute and absorb the stronger one. For instance, white can be mixed with orange.
• When colour blocking, use just a major colour for our outfit and then use different shades of colour for shoe and bag making three different colours.
• The perfect selection of colours is obtained, when we blend colours in the same spectrum, ranging from the strong version of that colour to the softer version of it. The gradient in the shades makes for a charming multi-colour variation.
• Accessories can be used to highlight the colour of the outfit in such a way that it creates an exquisite blend of multi-coloured style.
• It is a good idea to get a colour palette to know which strong colours go together and use that as a guide in designing your wardrobe style.
No comments yet