Life is journey (IV)
Man is a being of liberty. He loves freedom and frowns at anything that will threaten his freedom. But life without control, checks and balances is a life heading to doom.
When life brings examination, take it and score the mark. At the checkpoints, your purity is tested and rated.
When your faith is tested, it will help you to be a better person. It will help you to know the areas that you need corrections and also teach you to say sorry and get accustomed to saying sorry. Checks also teach you to know how to relate with others.
Your checkpoint is the lesson point in the journey of life. It tells you that you are a man under authority no matter how highly you may think you have been placed. Each checkpoint has a tension, take it, face it and smile through it.
IX.An Easy Ride Point
The broadway is a tempting route. From its looks accident may be inevitable, which means you have to be cautious. When people drive on a road that is narrow and full of potholes, they tend to be more careful than on a broad and easy-to-ride roads.
When all seem well in the journey of life, the scripture gives a caution: “Take heed when you say you stand lest you fall.”
Men seem to lose caution, carefulness and courtesy when all seem rosy. But we must be careful even when all is plentiful and everything seems well.
Wisdom teaches that it is important to apply greater caution when all seems ‘well.’
Note this: The way that seems like all is well could have a deep pit of water that is capable of drowning even the smartest of men.
When the journey gives a sweet taste — watch your take, be careful of what you take, never bite more than necessary.
Caution As You Ride
• Always know that others are also journeying along that same path
• Beware of careless men’s mistake, it could drag an unwatchful passer-by into it
• Don’t break the rule, because all seems well
• Respect the rule, be disciplined
X. Arrival Point
Everything that has a beginning has an end. Your take-off point and carefulness in all the points enumerated will determine the testimony that you will get at the arrival point. When you think you have arrived, try to develop what I may call ‘never settle mind-set,’ knowing that in life there will always be lands to conquer, and duties to accomplish. We can only say we have truly arrived when we see the shore of eternity.
Therefore, In The Journey Of Life
• Be careful of who you ask for direction
• Know that there are potholes here and there
• Be careful to observe all the road signs. A disciplined observation of road signs will help even the ignorant to reach his destination successfully.
• Always respect other road users
• Don’t trust your vessel — it is man-made; it can fail you. Don’t fail yourself and your generation.
• Take-off as early as possible. Taking off early could help you by-cut obstacles.
• Be friendly
• Obey the rules
• Learn all the lessons that are there to learn
• Nothing is permanent in life. Always give room for amendment; never trust in your ability but in God’s grace.