The power of prophecy
The world is full of darkness, separated from God and scattered. It is only bad news that makes the headlines these days: plane crashes, war, murder, fraud, corruption, sexual scandals and what have you. In our politics, bad is celebrated while good is relegated to the background.
In our society, there is poverty, darkness everywhere and lack of growth. Why? The reason in my opinion is because many lack God and the fear of God in their lives.
When God showed Ezekiel Israel’s condition, it was a hopeless situation but he asked Ezekiel if the dry bones could rise again. Ezekiel answered wisely saying only God knows. Then he asked Ezekiel to prophesy.
The solution to our problems is not economical or political, as no theory can fix our problem but God. No matter how hopeless our situation is, God can restore it. If you have everything and you don’t have Jesus, you are hopeless. That can change, if you will only allow God to have His way in your life.
There are certain lessons to learn from this passage:
• Be concerned with what concerns God. God was concerned about Israel, so was Ezekiel. We must be concerned about our country because God loves this nation.
• Learn to trust God because He specialises in handling impossibilities. Your problem is not greater than God. Focus on God and magnify Him above your problems.
• Learn to declare God’s Word. It is not what the economy, doctors or men say that is final. The Bible says let all men be liars and only God be true. (Romans 3:4)
• Learn to receive command from God. Ezekiel prophesied as commanded.
As we prophesy, things will begin to change; bones to bones; flesh to flesh and skin to skin. When these came together, they were complete, but lifeless and then God commanded Ezekiel to prophesy again because what was needed was another prophecy.
Ezekiel prophesied again and life came upon the dry bones and they stood a mighty army. Like Ezekiel, you have the power to prophesy over your life, business, marriage, health, education, job, children and our nation and every dead thing will come alive. The Bible says life and death are in the power of the tongue (Proverbs 18:21). Therefore, instead of complaining, let us arise and fulfil our divine mandate and prophesy life into our lives, homes, businesses and nation.
I prophesy recovery of health; prosperity; marital breakthrough; restoration of grace and favour for you and yours in Jesus mighty name, Amen.
• O God my father, I declare and decree every good gift you have deposited in me that is dead, come alive now in Jesus name.
• Dry bones of my life, hear the word of the Lord, come alive and manifest the glory of God.
• Powers that terminate good things in my life, you will not succeed over me, die in Jesus name.
• I recover all that I have lost to the enemy of my destiny in Jesus mighty name.
For enquiries contact: Elshaddai Covenant Church, 7, Social Club Road, Off Charity Road, Abule-Egba. Tel: 08080929292; 08182281184 (WhatsApp messages only).
Website: ecmng.org; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
No comments yet