Wednesday, 20th October 2021
To guardian.ng
Search
Breaking News:

2018 Hajj

22 Mar 2019
Alh. Abdullahi Muhammad, the Executive Chairman, National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) has inaugurated a Medical Guidelines Review Committee for the 2019 Hajj. The Head, Public Affairs Division of NAHCON, Mrs Fatima Usara, said in a statement on Thursday, that Muhammad inaugurated the committee, consisting of members drawn from the Federal Ministry of Health, State…
27 Aug 2018
The first batch of 259 Muslim pilgrims from Sokoto State, on Monday arrived Nigeria from Saudi Arabia after successful 2018 Hajj. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the pilgrims from Gada Local Government area were transported by Air Planers Airline to the Sultan Abubakar III International Airport, Sokoto. Gov. Aminu Tambuwal commended them…
18 Aug 2018
No fewer than 17,000 intending pilgrims from Nigeria may have missed this year’s hajj exercise, as Saudi authorities closed all entries to the Kingdom at midnight, yesterday.
10 Aug 2018
The economic situation in the country has been identified as the major cause of low patronage of Nigerians in the 2018 Hajj exercise.
6 Aug 2018
No fewer than 14,160 Nigerian pilgrims have so far been airlifted to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for the 2018, Muslims pilgrimage. A total of 55,000 pilgrims are expected from Nigeria to join over one million pilgrims globally for this year’s Islamic ritual at Mecca and Medina. Besides, the Kano State Pilgrims Board will today…
5 Aug 2018
The last batch of 512 Muslims intending Pilgrims from Kwara have been transported to Saudi Arabia for the 2018 Hajj exercise. The News Agency of Nigeria NAN reports that the Pilgrims departed the llorin international Airport on board a Max Airline Boeing 747 Aircraft at about 11am. on Sunday. Among the last batch of the…
4 Aug 2018
The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) has disclosed that 10,687 Muslim faithful are currently in Saudi Arabia performing this year’s Hajj.
30 Jul 2018
The first batch of 440 intending Muslim pilgrims from Sokoto State left for Saudi Arabia on Monday for 2018 Hajj. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the pilgrims, from Gada, Rabah and Wurno local government areas, were transported by Air Planers Airline which left the Sultan Abubakar III International Airport at about 4…
6 Jul 2018
Although there were speculations that the 2018 Hajj fares may be higher than that of 2017, it is a great achievement for the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) to bring the fares down. Some quarters had claimed that the fares may be N2million, apparently owing to the fact that the fares had been on…

Latest

2 mins ago
All married women who are pregnant and nursing mothers not deployed to their husbands’ places of domicile can now proceed to the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) camps within their spouses’ states of residence, the scheme has said. NYSC, however, said the pregnant women or nursing mothers must present for registration in addition to other…
8 mins ago
Ogun State High Court has convicted and fined an official of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Mr. Idowu Olumuyiwa Olamide, for certificate forgery. The convict was charged before Justice A. A. Akinyemi, by the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) for using a forged National Diploma Certificate to secure…
28 mins ago
Some landlords in Igbogbo-Baiyeku area in Ikorodu, Lagos State, have again appealed to the state government to urgently pay them compensation, four years after their houses were demolished for road project. Mr Ashela Adeboye, a representative of house owners affected by the demolition, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Wednesday that they were…
54 mins ago
The US is prepared to start vaccinating children aged five to 11 against Covid-19 starting next month, a move that will make 28 million more Americans eligible for shots, the White House said Wednesday. President Joe Biden's administration said it had already set aside enough supply and partnered with 25,000 sites nationwide -- including doctors'…
1 hour ago
*Demands apology from AI, CNN for "misinforming public One year after the alleged massacre of Nigerian youths at the Lekki Toll Gate, Lagos State, the Nigeria Government said it was nothing but a "Phantom Massacre." Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, who spoke on the first anniversary of #EndSARS protests that almost shut…