Entries for Association of Nigerian Authors 2019 literary prizes open
The Association of Nigerian Authors (ANA) has announced a range of prizes for its 2019 literary competitions. The prizes are:
• ANA Prize for Poetry (published & unpublished works) – N 100,000
• ANA Prize for Prose Fiction (published & unpublished works) – N 100,000
• ANA Prize for Drama (published & unpublished works) – N 100,000
• ANA Prize for Children’s Literature- 7-13 years age range (Published works only and open to all categories of authors) – N100, 0000
• ANA/ Abubakar Gimba Prize for Fiction (Short Stories Collection – Published works) – N200, 000.
• ANA/Maria Ajima Prize for Literary Criticism (Focus on criticism of emergent Nigerian Literature) – N100, 000
Nigerian writers, at home and abroad, desirous of entering their works for the yearly literary prizes, may now do so. Works entered should have been published between 2018 and 2019.
An entry fee of N3, 000 (per entry) is required for all the prizes. The entry fee is for the purpose of prize administration only. Six copies of the book or manuscript to be entered, specifying the prize being entered for, alongside a covering letter and the photocopy of the Deposit Slip should be sent by post to:
The General Secretary, Association of Nigerian Authors (ANA), KM 2, Mamman Vatsa Writers’ Village, Mpape, Abuja Or PMB 518, Area 10 Garki, Abuja
The covering letter should contain accurate contact details of the writer or/and publisher of the work, including email and surface mail addresses and telephone numbers.
The works that are to be submitted in all categories should be original and not recast(s) of already existing works. All submissions are subjected to copyright laws of Nigeria as authors should note that they retain full responsibility for any sort of infringement. Works entered into for ANA prizes are expected to be of the highest language and literary quality.
ANA/ Maria Ajima Prize for Literary Criticism (published works only)
Length: Not more than 15 pages of A4 paper size following format of academic essays.
• Type double-spaced using MS Word. Use Times New Roman Type face 12-point font size.
• The essay, if published in a journal, newspaper, books or as electronic text on-line, must be within the valid dates indicated on this call for submissions.
• Referencing style is either the latest MLA or APA style.
• Five hard copies as loose sheets or as a bound monograph are to be submitted to ANA, plus a soft copy sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
• The essay should not be a generalized survey but should rather be focused on specific texts (in any of the genres) of selected authors at a time.
Deadline for the receipt of all entries is Friday, May 31, 2019 (there will be no extension of this deadline). A shortlist will be announced in September 2019. The judges will announce winners at the awards dinner during the yearly convention of the association in October.
No comments yet