Sunday, 24th September 2023


12 Feb 2015
ABOUT 16 years after the Federal Government placed a ban on the use of his controversial HIV vaccine, Dr. Jeremiah Abalaka, appears not ready to give up the fight. He is still insisting that efficacy of his vaccine is not in doubt. Buoyed by a November 14, 2014 judgement which voided the ban on his…
5 Feb 2015
It promises to reduce the incidence of water borne diseases, improve personal hygiene, stop open defecation and empower rural communities in Yobe, Kano, Jigawa, Osun, Cross River and Anambra. But only about 20 per cent of the communities are benefitting leaving the remaining 80 per cent at the mercy of cholera, gastroenteritis, diarrhoea, typhoid fever…
29 Jan 2015
BY the time he came to the throne of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in August 2005, he was already 80 years of age and many had serious doubt about his ability to situate the kingdom in a pride of place in the ever changing face of 21st  century world view.   But by Friday,…
22 Jan 2015
WHEN the Lagos State Government came up with a law to curtail noise pollution in the state, some citizens were skeptical and therefore rose to challenge the state on the allegation of biases, particularly between the Christian and the Muslim faith. Some of the allegations, it was noted arose following the citizens’ suspicion of government’s…
15 Jan 2015
ROLIAT Iyonuoluwapo, a Beninoise, is a regular face on the African Magic Yoruba channel on DSTV. She is a house help engaged somewhere in Lekki, a suburb of Lagos. According to her, she is saddled with the job of house cleaning, tendering the lawn, washing and ironing clothes and above all, ensuring the adequate care…


2 mins ago
NEW YORK, 22 September 2023 -/African Media Agency(AMA)/- African Union Heads of State and Government, global health leaders and development partners today issued a joint call for urgent action to address the looming malaria emergency. They warned that failure to act now will put at risk both the African Union’s target of eliminating malaria in Africa…
2 hours ago
It is no news that social media directly affects our state of mind. Vinton Cerf and Robert Khan who are credited with inventing the Internet probably never considered the psychological impact of their invention. Martin Cooper, who developed the first hand-held phone, also played a part in this by making phones portable, so that we…
2 hours ago
Son Heung-min's double earned Tottenham a point from a pulsating 2-2 draw against Arsenal, as Liverpool moved into second in the Premier League with a 3-1 win over West Ham on Sunday.
2 hours ago
Tottenham came from behind twice to rescue a pulsating 2-2 draw against Arsenal thanks to Son Heung-min's double in Sunday's north London derby.
3 hours ago
In the heart of Nigeria, among the rolling hills and vibrant communities of the Igbo people, lies a treasure trove of textile artistry that has woven its way through generations, preserving culture, history and creativity. Igbo textile works stand as a testament to the indomitable spirit of a people deeply rooted in tradition yet open…