Celebrate The National Creamsicle Day With This Recipe
A creamsicle is a flavoured popsicle that comes in different flavours. Natural fruits are used to make this delight which adds health benefits to its sweet taste.
To commemorate the National Creamsicle day, you can try this simple recipe and have fun with the little ones.
- 5 sweet oranges
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup cream
- ½ tsp orange extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Squeeze the juice from the oranges to get 3 cups of orange juice.
- In a small pan, pour the orange juice and honey. Set it on a stove and heat whisking in the honey boil the mixture until reduced to one cup.
- In a small bowl, add the gelatin and add cold water until it softens and looks like applesauce.
- Once the orange and honey mixture looks like a sticky syrup, add the gelatin until it dissolves and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Pour the cooled orange syrup into a blender, add the egg yolk, milk, orange and vanilla extracts.
- Blend for 30 seconds until they are well combined.
- Pour the creamsicle mixture into popsicle moulds, leaving about one cm headspace in each mould to allow for expansion. Allow the popsicles to freeze for about 12 hours until they are solid.