Black Cherry Bourbon Cola Cocktail Recipe
This black cherry bourbon cola smash cocktail is perfect for hot summer evenings: super-refreshing, simple, a little sweet, and popular with everyone.
Cherries and cola are a proven match (although I don’t actually like Cherry Cola) – add Bourbon and a splash of Cherry Brandy and you are on to a real winner. If you don’t happen to have the cherry brandy, the cocktail works well without it too. And if you find cola a little too sweet, you can use soda water or ginger beer to top up instead. This works well as a party drink too – double or triple the quantities and make a big jug to serve a crowd. Don’t add the ice until the last minute however, otherwise the cocktail will be too diluted.
Heres a simple recipe you could try.
- 4 ripe black cherries, pitted
- 60ml | 2oz bourbon
- 30ml | 1oz cherry brandy
- Juice of half a lime plus wedges to serve
- cold cola to top up (or ginger beer, soda water)
- Put the cherries, bourbon, cherry brandy and lime juice in your cocktail shaker (or a large glass will do). Muddle the cherries with a muddling spoon or the end of a rolling pin.
- Fill the cocktail shaker with ice and shake for 30 seconds.
- Fill two rocks glasses with plenty of ice. Strain the cocktail over the ice, dividing between the glasses.
- Top up with cola and serve with a wedge of lime. Serve immediately.