How to Make Chicken Nkwobi
Chicken Nkwobi is a popular Igbo traditional food mostly served as a side dish or dessert, and usually together with wine or soft drink.
Nkwobi is a delicious meal and many people love it, hence it’s simply Chicken prepared in spicy palm oil and mixed spices.
- 1 kg, chicken
- 6 fresh bell pepper
- 1 tbsp, crayfish
- 1 onion
- Small bunch of uziza
- 2 seasoning cubes
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup, palm oil
- 1 tbsp, akawu
- Wash chicken and cut into small chunks.
- Season the chicken and parboil. Once it is cooked through, remove from heat and set aside.
- Wash pepper and onion, pound properly and then add crayfish and pound together and set aside.
- Mix akawu and 3 tbsp of water inside a small cup and set aside.
- In a mortar or pot mix oil and akawu mixture together; add palm oil and mix till it is thick and yellow in colour.
- Add the pepper mix, salt and any seasoning; make sure the chicken is cold and water is drain add into the oil mix and stir.
- Wash and slice uziza leaf, add to the chicken nkwobi and stir and serve (you can heat it for about a minute before serving).