How To Make Homemade Crepes And Zobo Pap
15 August 2022 | 6:09 am
Ingredients All-purpose flour Eggs Milk Water Salt Melted butter Method In a mixing bowl, whisk flour and eggs. Gradually add some milk and water, making sure to stir properly. Add salt and butter and continue to whisk until you get a smooth consistency. Heat a little oil in a pan over medium heat. Pour the…
- All-purpose flour
- Melted butter
- In a mixing bowl, whisk flour and eggs. Gradually add some milk and water, making sure to stir properly. Add salt and butter and continue to whisk until you get a smooth consistency.
- Heat a little oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Pour the batter into the pan and tilt in a circular motion to allow the batter to coat the surface evenly.
- Cook the crepe until it turns light brown, loosen with a spatula, turn over and cook the other side.
- Serve hot with whipped cream, sliced fruits, bananas, strawberries and other berries.
Pap With Zobo
- Wet cornstarch (akamu, ogi, pap)
- Zobo leaves
- Water; hot and cold
- For the sweet tooth: milk
- Sugar (for the kick-in taste)
- Wash the zobo leaves to be used.
- Put water in a kettle/pot and put the zobo leaves in it and put on heat to boil.
- Mix 160g of pap with little cold water in a bowl.
- Mix evenly until smooth, slightly thick but not runny or watery.
- Pour from the kettle the now boiled water with the zobo leaves, directly into the pap/akamu/ogi mixture while stirring in circular forms.
- The mixture will start to thicken, as you will see. It’s all set. Properly stir.
- To taste, add sugar or cinnamon sugar also evaporated or powdered milk.
This cornmeal can go with either moi moi, akara or even bread.
To get that perfect thick consistency without lumps, it’s crucial that you pour boiling water from the kettle in a circular manner and also while stirring.