How To Make Miyan Zogale And Tuwo Dawa
Miyan Zogale known as Moringa soup is a popular Northern Nigeria delicious groundnut-based delicacy. Perfect for weight loss, Moringa’s medicinal properties are enormous.
• Smoked fish
• Zogale leaves (medium bunches)
• 3 Fresh tomatoes
• Fresh pepper
• 1 tbsp Yagi
• ½ Groundnut (raw, shelled)
• 2 cooking spoons, Palm oil
• Seasoning cubes
1. Pick and wash the Zogale leaves. Place them in the pot with ½ litre of water
2. Boil for about 5-8 minutes
3. Drain off the water on the groundnut
4. Allow to cool, then peel off the skin and blend to a smooth paste
5. Cut the tomatoes, pepper, and onion into small chops and blend
6. Wash the beef and season with salt yaji, 1 seasoning cube, and some slices of onions
7. Steam till juice dries up
8. Add 2 cups of water, leave to cook for about 20 mins or until it is tender
9. Wash and bone the fish and add to the meat pot
10. Add water and ground dawadawa into blended tomato mixture and cook for a few minutes
11. Stir and add salt to taste
12. Simmer for a few minutes
13. Remove from heat and serve with tuwo dawa or tuwo shinkafa.
Tuwo Dawa (Ground Guinea corn)
Tuwo Dawa is so chosen in this edition because it can serve as another option to try with your traditional soups.
• Ground Guinea corn (sieved)
• Quarter teaspoon of potash]
1. Put water in a pot, and bring to a boil.
2. While waiting for it to boil, in a separate bowl, add water to your ground guinea corn to form a paste (ensure it is has a good consistency, neither watery nor thick)
3. Add the paste to the boiling water and stir using a spatula to avoid lumps
4. Add the potash, stir and allow to cook for 15 minutes
5. Add the remaining flour into the cooked paste in intervals, stirring to avoid lumps
6. Allow cooking for 5 minutes on low heat.
7. Bring down and eat immediately.