How To Prepare Crispy Buttery Corn
Corn, boiled or grilled, a favourite of many Nigerians, is eaten with pear or coconut in Nigeria. A healthy meal, it turns out that there is so much more you can try out with corn kernels. The Crunchy Buttery Corn is a snack with its origin in Vietnam. It is not only delicious, it is easy to prepare.
- 2 fresh corn cobs (remove the kernels)
- 6 tbsp Custard powder
- Vegetable oil
- ½ tbsp salted butter
- ¼ tbsp cayenne chilli powder
- Boil corn kernels in water until they are soft. Drain the water in a colander but leave the corn wet and put in a bowl.
- Mix corn kernel with tapioca starch (half at first to avoid lumps)until is even evenly coated. Add the remaining starch and mix.
- Add corn in small quantities in medium heated oil. Fry for 2 minutes until it turns crisp. Bring down from fire and add in a plate or a bowl.
- Melt butter on low heat. Add the corn and chili. Mix together until is even.