Mushroom-Kale Recipe – The Ideal Vegan Dish
Mushrooms, commonly known as Olu in Yoruba and Nche Anwụ in Igbo is a nutritious fungus body which contains copper, protein, vitamin C, niacin, potassium and phosphorous and vitamin C and iron. Interestingly, its nutritional value increases when it is thoroughly cooked.
Kale (Efo Riro in Yoruba; Akpuruakpu in Igbo) is an energy-giving vegetable that is high in fibre and has zero-fat. Kale is ideal for anyone who wants to lose weight.
Mushrooms and kale can be gotten from the bush markets or some shopping malls in Nigeria.
This highly nutritional meal is not only affordable, it takes less than 30 minutes to prepare.
- Mushrooms (finely cut)
- Kale (chopped without the stems))
- Garlic (chopped)
- Pepper (Ground)
- Lemon Juice (optional)
- Olive Oil
- Pour olive oil in a pan over medium heat and leave until hot.
- Add the powdered onions, chopped garlic and mushrooms. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Add the kale, pepper and salt and stir for a minute.
- Bring down and add lemon juice.
Viola! Your meal is ready