Close button
The Guardian
Email YouTube Facebook Instagram Twitter WhatsApp

How bridegroom was allegedly murdered four days to wedding


Mr. Oluwashola Ojo Olokose, was deprived of participating in one of the cardinal events of his life when he was allegedly murdered in cold blood by his neighbour four days to his wedding.

Olokose, 31 who was recently employed as a staff of University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital (UITH) and posted to the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) section of the hospital was allegedly lured to death by his next-door neighbour, Kazeem Mohammed.

His neighbour, initially acting as an agent of a group of cattle merchants was later discovered to be a member of a notorious gang of ritualists.

The suspect, Mohammed and some members of his gang now in the custody of the Kwara State Police Command, Ilorin is a native of Patigi in Kwara North Senatorial District of the state.


He was said to have convinced his victim that he would get cheaper cows at Patigi, in preparation for his wedding.

Olokose was tricked into the journey on the fateful day in company of his killers, 200 kilometers away from Ilorin, the state capital.
The duo had in the wee hours of that day travelled to Patigi, with the intention of buying three cows. The bride, waiting for Olokose had planned to take the cows to Akure the next day ahead of the wedding.
But the waiting became an endless one, the news came that that he was kidnapped.

His abductors had demanded for ransom payment from his bride.

He was matchetted to death 40 minutes after his purported kidnapping.

His remains were hidden in a forest by the bank of a river at Patigi.

The gang was said to have the sum of N350,000.00 and his mobile phone. The suspects also collected the victim’s ATM cards, which they used to withdraw N1.2M from his account before he was murdered.

The dismembered remains of the victim were later recovered by the police and deposited at the UITH mortuary last weekend.

The family of the victim were at the hospital on Tuesday, April 20, to collect his remains to Akure, for burial.

Kwara State police spokesman, SP Ajayi Okasanmi, confirmed the incident.
“The incident is true. We have commenced investigation and started making some arrests, that is what I can say for now.”


Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421

No comments yet