Jigawa releases N280m for 2016 hajj operation
Governor Muhammad Badaru of Jigawa, on Saturday, said he had released the sum of N280 million for the 2016 hajj operation.
Badaru made this disclosure to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) after the departure of some intending pilgrims from the state at Dutse International Airport to Saudi Arabia.
He explained that the money would be used for the feeding of the pilgrims and other contingencies during the hajj in the holy land.
According to him, the same amount was approved and released for the expenditure of 2015 pilgrimage.
“The State Government has done everything possible to take care of our pilgrims and make them comfortable in the holy land,” he said.
The governor said that the pilgrims had been advised to abide by the rules set out by the Hajj Commission, adding that this was why their screening was thorough.
NAN reports that no fewer than 2, 369 intending pilgrims from the state are expected to perform this year’s hajj.
No comments yet