Close button
The Guardian
Email YouTube Facebook Instagram Twitter WhatsApp

Man electrocuted in Delta State



A 37-year-old man identified as William Madu was reportedly electrocuted at Oleh Road in Sapele, Delta State, on Sunday.

The deceased was said to have gone to switch power over to electricity when the electrocution occurred.


He was the breadwinner of the family, catering for his aged father and siblings. He worked with a water processing company before his death.

According to a source, “William was watching TV when Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) restored power and because the generator was outside, he left his room to switch off the generating set.

“The next thing we heard was a little boy screaming. We dashed out to find him struggling with the wire and we had to switch off the power source of the building before we could rescue him.”

It was gathered that he died as he was being rushed to a hospital. His death has thrown the entire family into mourning, with the father currently devastated. William was the only male child of his father. Upon hearing the news of his son’s death, the deceased’s father fainted but was revived by neighbours.

The Delta State police command could not, however, confirm the incident when contacted.

Its spokesperson, DSP Onome Onovwakpoyeya, said yesterday that the police were not aware of the incident.


Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421

No comments yet