Presidency dismisses reported probe of Emir of Kano, Soludo
The Presidency on Monday refuted social media reports that the tenures of Emir of Kano, Dr Muhammadu Sanusi and Prof. Charles Soludo, as Central Bank Governors, would soon be probed by the Federal Government.
Reports on social media on Sunday and Monday alleged that the Federal Government had concluded arrangements to probe the tenures of the two former CBN governors over their views on the state of the nation’s economy.
The reports further alleged that Sanusi and Soludo had been put on “the watch list of the government for some alleged anomalies that occurred during their tenures as head of the Nigeria’s apex bank”.
Malam Garba Shehu, the Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to President Muhammadu Buhari, however, in a tweeted message, said the presidency was not aware that the Emir and Soludo would be probed for offering suggestions to the president.
“The check I made today indicated that the presidency is unaware of the reported probe of Sarkin Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II and Prof. Soludo
“Where did that report come from? Under our constitution which President Muhammadu Buhari swore to uphold, it is not a crime to offer suggestions,’’ he said.