Ter Stegen casts doubt on Barcelona future
Goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen cast doubt on his Barcelona future on Sunday, amid reported interest from Manchester City coach Pep Guardiola.
Former Barcelona manager Guardiola chased the 24-year-old German international last year and Premier League side City are reportedly primed to go for Ter Stegen again at the end of this season.
Asked in an interview with Barcelona-based daily newspaper La Vanguardia about City’s interest and if he sees himself staying at Barcelona for several more years, the goalkeeper said: “I don’t know.”
“I try to do the best for me and for the team. Give my best and improve. You never know what comes after,” said Ter Stegen, who is in talks over a new deal at the Camp Nou.
Ter Stegen, who joined Barca in 2014 from Borussia Moenchengladbach, is under contract with the Spanish giants until June 2019.
“I live in the moment, that is what is most important. I am happy here with my colleagues and friends and I hope to win many more trophies, that is the goal,” he added.
No comments yet